Materials: "Rights & Responsibilities"
- Text Book: Civics & Literacy pg 114-117.
- Handout: USCIS 100:55. focus on #6: give an elected official your opinion on an issue
The following was posted on from white board next to the agenda
What is a School Board?
- School directors and other elected officials vote on laws and money for their schools.
What happens during a School Board meeting?
- People talk for two minutes about good things/problems in their schools.
- People give petitions (to the School Board).
- The Board Members discuss school laws and money-->and VOTE!
What will happen tonight?
- Our school director will talk about why Adult Education is important.
What are we going to do?
- We are going to write letters.
- We will go to the School Board meeting @ 6:50.
- We will listen to the speakers. (about 1 hour)
- Jiayan will speak for us and give out letters to the School Board.
After the meeting:
- Come back to class.
- Talk about the meeting.
- Eat a snack.
- Take a 100 question quiz & dictation.
- Go home.