Google Celebrates the 50th Anniversary of John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address with DoodleVideo of JFK's Inaugural AddressText of JFK's Inaugural Address
Quotes from JFK's Inaugural Address:
– “...the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God.”
– “Let the word go forth...that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans.”
– “Let every nation know...that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.”
– “The world is very very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life.”
– “Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.”
– “For only when our arms are sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will never be employed.”
– “All this will not be finished in the first 100 days. Nor will it be finished in the first 1,000 days, nor in the life of this Administration, nor even perhaps in our lifetime on this planet. But let us begin.”
– “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country."
– “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.'
– “...let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God’s work must truly be our own.”