VOA Learning English: New Rules: Foreign Students Must Leave US if Classes Go Online
International students will be forced to leave the United States or change colleges if their school plans to offer online-only classes later this year.
The requirement is part of new guidance from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE. The federal agency announced the measures on Monday. They provide additional pressure for universities to reopen as concern grows about the spread of COVID-19 among young adults. read more / listen / quiz
Words in This Story
- n. the season between summer and winter : the season when leaves fall from trees
- n. an occurrence in which a disease spreads very quickly and affects a large number of people over a wide area or throughout the world
- v. to leave a place especially to start a journey
- v. to move (someone or something) from one place to another
- v. to cause (someone) to feel horror or shock : to greatly upset and shock (someone)
- n. a sudden start or increase of fighting or disease
- n. the area and buildings around a university, college, school, etc.
- n. money that is paid to a school for the right to study there
- n. a desire to cause others to suffer : the quality or state of being cruel
know no bounds
- expression. to have no limits