- si.edu Preparing the Oath: The Court videos
- TED-ed: How do US Supreme Court justices get appointed? - Peter Paccone video
- USCIS: Judicial Branch (beginning) | (intermediate)
- US Courts: Pathways to the Bench Play list videos
- uscitizenpod: A citizenship quiz that celebrates Ruth Bader Ginsburg and her Sisters in Law and Justice pdf and mp3
- VOA News: The Supreme Court series (EXCELLENT!)
- VOX: How a case gets to the US Supreme Court video
Saturday, July 2, 2022
Friday, July 1, 2022
Thursday, June 30, 2022
USCIS 100:01. What is the supreme law of the land?USCIS 100:12. What is the “rule of law”?USCIS 100:37. What does the judicial branch do?USCIS 100:38. What is the highest court in the United States?USCIS 100:39. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?USCIS 100:40. Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now?
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
From March to May 2022, USCIS released a series of factsheets that highlight Lawful Permanent Residents who are eligible to--but have not naturalized--yet. Please check this list and consider how to tailor your ESL/Citizenship to help these LPRs to become U.S. citizens.
Monday, June 27, 2022
Sunday, June 26, 2022
In honor of LGBT Pride Month, a single question about the Flag: Long May She Wave! Text: uscitizenpod | Video: Lori Saltis
Take the full quiz:
LOVE AND PRIDE: A Citizenship Quiz in Honor of LGBT Pride Month (10 questions)
- Part 1: What’s Significant About the Stonewall Riots?
- Part 2: Laying the Groundwork for LGBTQ+ Rights
- Part 3: Goodridge: The Cinderella Moment for Marriage Equality
- Part 4: Early Legislative Victories for LGBTQ+ Rights
- Part 5: The Defense of Marriage Act
- Part 6: Obergefell v. Hodges
- Part 7: The Future for LGBTQ+ Rights
- Secretary Blinken hosts and delivers remarks at a Pride Reception at the Department of State. 2022
- Progress Flag Raising Ceremony at US Department of State in Honor of Pride Month - 3:30 PM 2021
- Secretary Blinken Atlantic Council Pride Interview 2021
- Secretary Blinken Celebrates Pride Month 2021
- Secretary Blinken participates in a virtual conversation “Pressing for Equality"- 1:00 PM 2021
- Gay Chinese couple talks about acceptance in US vs. China
- LGBT: The Gay Pride Movement | Plugged In with Greta Van Susteren
- Transgender Migrants Seek Asylum in the US
- What Is Title VII of the Civil Rights Act?
- Equal treatment. That’s the idea behind the Civil Rights Act. One part of the legislation, called Title VII deals with the workplace. What does that mean for American workers? VOA explains.
- US Supreme Court: Obergefell v Hodges
- US Supreme Court Rules Same-Sex Marriage Is Legal in 2015 article, video, and mp3
Friday, June 24, 2022
- USCIS 100:37-47 System of Gov’t: Judicial Branch, State Gov’t, Political Parties pdf