USCIS 100:86. What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?
The History Channel: After 9/11: Fifteen Septembers Later
- How has the United States changed in the fifteen years since September 11, 2001? How will it continue to grow?
- On September 11, 2001, 19 militants hijacked four airliners and carried out suicide attacks in the United States.
- USCIS 100:86. What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?
uscitizenpod: n-400r-12b AffiliationsVOANews: Vanished US Flag From Famous 9/11 Photo Returns to Ground Zero (2016)
- USCIS N-400 practice questions about terrorism
- An American flag raised at ground zero on Sept. 11 in a defining moment of patriotic resolve took its place at the site Thursday after disappearing for over a decade.
- Today, the National 9/11 Pentagon Memorial stands next to where the plane entered the building, honoring those lost on a day that forever changed America.
VOANews: Ahead of 9/11 Anniversary, Washington Community Beautifies Veteran Housing (2017)
- Joyce Kilmer, an American poet who died in 1918, wrote a famous poem called Trees. It opens with: "I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree." In 2013, if alive, he could have written about a tree that loves life and defeated tragedy. VOA's Bernard Shusman reports on a New York tree that survived the 9-11 terrorist attack.
- People came together on Saturday to honor the country's veterans by renovating an outpatient clinic and housing facility for servicemen and women who’ve fallen on hard times. Arash Arabasadi reports from Southeast Washington.
- Some people wrote about their own experiences that day. Others posted photos and videos of the memorials and memorial services.
- Terrorists attacked the United States.