VOA Learning English: Let's Learn English Lesson 26: This Game Is Fun! (video only)
Anna plays the new video game, "Catch Americana," and learns more about U.S. Presidents. She also learns to watch where she walks!
Originally published at - http://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/lets-learn-english-lesson-26-this-game-is-fun/3457248.html
VOA Learning English: LESSON: Let's Learn English Lesson 26: This Game Is Fun!
Check out the entire lesson: vocabulary about the American Presidents and Symbols (Part Two) speaking, pronunciation, quiz, game, story and more here.
VOA Learning English: Let's Learn English
Let's Learn English is a new course for English learners. Certified American English teachers designed the course for beginners. The course continues for 52 weeks.
Each week, there will be a new lesson with video showing the lives of young Americans. The lesson includes instruction in speaking, vocabulary and writing.
There are also printable worksheets, assessments and lesson plans for individual learners and English teachers. We encourage you to follow the weekly lessons and share your progress with us through comments and email.
CITIZENSHIP POP QUIZ:
- USCIS 100:32. Who is the Commander in Chief of the military?
- USCIS 100:72. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1800s.
- USCIS 100:73. Name the U.S. war between the North and the South.
- USCIS 100:74. Name one problem that led to the Civil War.
- USCIS 100:75. What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did?*
- USCIS 100:76. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?
- USCIS 100:78. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1900s.*
- USCIS 100:80. Who was President during the Great Depression and World War II?
- USCIS 100:81. Who did the United States fight in World War II?
- USCIS 100:95. Where is the Statue of Liberty?*