VOA Learning English: Let's Learn English Lesson 25: Watch Out! (video only)
Anna learns about a new game, "Catch Americana." She walks around the memorials to U.S. Presidents and learns fun facts by playing the game.
Originally published at - http://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/lets-learn-english-lesson-25-watch-out/3431138.html
VOA Learning English: LESSON: Let's Learn English Lesson 25: Watch Out!
Check out the entire lesson: vocabulary about the American Presidents and Symbols (Part One) speaking, pronunciation, quiz, game, story and more here.
VOA Learning English: Let's Learn English
Let's Learn English is a new course for English learners. Certified American English teachers designed the course for beginners. The course continues for 52 weeks.
Each week, there will be a new lesson with video showing the lives of young Americans. The lesson includes instruction in speaking, vocabulary and writing.
There are also printable worksheets, assessments and lesson plans for individual learners and English teachers. We encourage you to follow the weekly lessons and share your progress with us through comments and email.
CITIZENSHIP POP QUIZ:
- USCIS 100:08. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
- USCIS 100:09. What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence?
- USCIS 100:52. What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?
- USCIS 100:62. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
- USCIS 100:63. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
- USCIS 100:64. There were 13 original states. Name three.
- USCIS 100:96. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?
- USCIS 100:97. Why does the flag have 50 stars?*
- USCIS 100:99. When do we celebrate Independence Day?*
- USCIS 100:100. Name two national U.S. holidays.