3c Betsy Ross single
Scott Catalogue USA: 1004
According to tradition, in June 1776 Betsy Ross met
with George Washington, Robert Morris, and George Ross in her home,
where she had a sewing business,
to discuss and design the nation's flag.
Ross soon thereafter stitched together the first "stars and stripes."
New Naturalization Test: Civics (History and Government) Questions with MP3 Audio
The 100 civics (history and government) questions and answers for the new naturalization test are listed below.
96. Why does the flag have 13 stripes? Question 96 Audio (282KB MP3)
97. Why does the flag have 50 stars?* Question 97 Audio (309KB MP3)
98. What is the name of the national anthem? Question 98 Audio (170KB MP3)
99. When do we celebrate Independence Day?* Question 99 Audio (221KB MP3)
100. Name two national U.S. holidays. Question 100 Audio (927KB MP3)