TED-ED: The breathtaking courage of Harriet Tubman - Janell Hobson
Take a closer look at the life of escaped slave and American icon Harriet Tubman, who liberated over 700 enslaved people using the Underground Railroad.
Escaping slavery; risking everything to save her family; leading a military raid; championing the cause of women’s suffrage; these are just a handful of the accomplishments of one of America’s most courageous heroes. Janell Hobson details Harriet Tubman's many fights for freedom.
Lesson by Janell Hobson, directed by Yan Dan Wong.
60. What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?
92. Name one state that borders Canada.
73. Name the U.S. war between the North and the South.
74. Name one problem that led to the Civil War.
76. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?
48. There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them.
77. What did Susan B. Anthony and Harriet Tubman do?
55. What are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy?