VOANews: US Commemorates 400th Anniversary of Slavery in America
- Level D
- Part 01 to Part 11 picture vocabulary
- Part 12 picture vocabulary
- Interview D-1
- Entrevista D-1
- USCIS: US Wars in the 1800s (beginning)
- si.edu: Preparing the Oath: The 1800s, USCIS 100:72 (wars), 100:60 (slavery)
- Citizenship Quiz D-1 (coming soon)
- Antonio Vazquez Gonzalez (Guadalajara, Mexico) (pdf)
- VOA Learning English: History: Includes, articles, video, audio, quizzes, presidential profiles, and the 2015 "The Making of the Nation" archive
- ListenAndReadalong: The Making of America Playlist: large closed caption which highlights word-by-word radio broadcast of the 2010 "The Making of the Nation" series
- VOANews: From Africa to America (Special Report--multiple articles and videos) (2019) In 1619, the first Africans were brought to colonial Virginia – in bondage – beginning more than two centuries of slavery in America
- VOANews: US Preps for 'Forgotten War' Bicentennial Many Americans are unfamiliar with the War of 1812 and the Battle of Baltimore. But some historians would like to change that.
- VOANews: Texas Celebrates Battle that Led to Independence from Mexico One of the most consequential battles in North American history occurred 175 years ago on a field just east of current-day Houston, Texas.
- VOANews: 150 Years Later, US Civil War Still Resonates The 150th anniversary of the beginning of the U.S. Civil War - a conflict that nearly tore the United States apart.
- VOA Learning English: A Dispute Over Cuba Leads to the Spanish American War (Part 1) The Spanish-American War took place in the late eighteen hundreds during the administration of President William McKinley. (read the Part 2)