- 5:45 Show the slide show above. Ask students read the appropriate question from the "Regular" citizenship interview below.
- 6:00 Hand out "Regular interview (see below). Pick one student and interview them in from of the class. You can change students at each section
- 6:15 Pair up students. A “Regular” Citizenship Interview Based on the USCIS N-400r (6 pgs, 75 questions) (updated 10/01/2016)
- pdf: http://goo.gl/Q5BhXk
- Note: while students are interviewing each other, circulate through the classroom and correct their pronunciation. Also take this time to quickly review the LESSON PLANS below.
- 7:00-7:30 Distribute handouts and read aloud with the students. Have students take turns reading a page. Help the student s with pronunciation and defining words. Give them time to complete the questions on each page (approx 5 min per page), then continue to the next page.
Extra: (if you have time)
7:45-8:15 Distribute handouts and read aloud with the students. Have students take turns reading a page. Give them time to complete the questions on each page (approx 5 min per page), then continue to the next page.
- ESL Library: Statue of Liberty (pdf)
8:15-8:40 Pass out quiz. Give students 10 min to complete. Review the quiz orally with the class
- Citizenship Interview Quiz with Antonio Vazquez Gonzalez pdf
Ask students if they want a one-on-one interview with you. Use the "Regular" script