VOANews: What Is the US House of Representatives
USCIS 100:16. Who makes federal laws?
▪ Senate and House (of Representatives)
▪ (U.S. or national) legislature
USCIS 100:17. What are the two parts of the U.S. Congress?*
▪ the Senate and House (of Representatives)
USCIS 100:21. The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
▪ four hundred thirty-five (435)
USCIS 100:22. We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?
▪ two (2)
USCIS 100:23. Name your U.S. Representative.
▪ Answers will vary. [Residents of territories with nonvoting Delegates or Resident Commissioners may provide the name of that Delegate or Commissioner. Also acceptable is any statement that the territory has no (voting) Representatives in Congress.]
USCIS 100:25. Why do some states have more Representatives than other states?
▪ (because of) the state’s population
▪ (because) they have more people
▪ (because) some states have more people
USCIS 100:47. What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?
▪ Paul D. Ryan
▪ (Paul) Ryan