VOA Learning English: Midterm Elections in the United States
- VOA Midterms 2018 (articles, audio, video)
- Americans Vote in Congressional Election
- American Women Fund Political Campaigns in Innovative ways
- As US Prepares for Elections, Facebook Struggles to Tackle Misinformation
- Democrats Embrace Expanded Government Health Care in US Election
- Enthusiasm, Suspense Build for Tuesday's US Midterm Elections
- Female Candidates Are Being Themselves in Political Ads
- Importance of the U.S. midterm and local elections, explained
- Illinois Voters Choose Issues Over Heritage in Congressional Race
- Millions of Americans Barred From Voting This Election
- Plugged in with Greta Van Susteren - 2018 Midterm Outlook
- Somali-born Woman in Minnesota Poised to Win Election to Congress
- Watching from Afar: Global Voices on US Midterms
HuffPost’s new video series takes an intimate look at women running for political office in this year’s elections.
- Women Explain Why They Ran For Office | #CrashTheParty
- Ayanna Pressley Says Her Background Makes Her A Stronger Congressional Candidate | #CrashTheParty
- Lawyer Told Not To Run For Office Due To Her Accent | #CrashTheParty
- Meet The 18-Year-Old Running In The Midterm Elections | #CrashTheParty
- Mom And Travel Ban Protester Runs For Office | #CrashTheParty
- She Could Become The First Native American Congresswoman | #CrashTheParty
- Watch more videos at HuffPost on You Tube: #CrashTheParty
CNN: The non-American's guide to the midterm elections
ESLPod.com (Dialogue is free. The audio and pdf are available through subscription)
- Daily English 733 – Voting in an Election
- Bernice: I always vote with an absentee ballot so I can vote in the comfort of my own home,
- Daily English 757 – Getting Political Support
- Helen: Okay, your schedule today is very busy. First, you're meeting with a group of constituents concerned about the environment.
- Daily English 825: Political Advertising
- Hilary: The election is still two months away and I'm already sick of the political ads
- Daily English 1230 – Expressing Disapproval of Elected Officials
- Hilary: Which candidate are you going to vote for in the upcoming election?
NYTimes: 2018 Midterm Elections FAQ (interactive)
- See ESL Voices: Explaining the Midterm Elections To Students which is based on the above NYTimes guide
- The Midterm Election in Photos
- si.edu: Preparing the Oath: Voting videos
- This section on voting will teach the answers to 54, 48, 77, 45, 26, 27, and 46.
- Note: Because it is the Midterms, also watch Congress videos
- si.edu: Voting Lesson Plan
- This teacher guide features a student handout, True or False?—Voting, and steps for taking the class through the Voting theme.
- USCIS: Your Government and You - Beginning Level
- Your Government and You lesson plan and handouts for literacy students and low beginners covering civics test items 41, 42, 43, 44, 49, 50, 53, 55, 56, 57, and 94.
- USCIS: Rights and Responsibilities - Intermediate Level
- The Rights and Responsibilities lesson plan and handouts for low intermediate and intermediate learners covering civics test items 43, 49, 50, 51, 53, 54, 55, 56, and 57.
- **NEW** Interview E-1 (N-400 Part 12 focus on voting and paying taxes)
- American Women who Fought for the Right to Vote mp3 and pdf
- Kahoot.it: Voting http://goo.gl/d7rtDl
- LC: U.S. Citizenship 10: Voting Part 1 goo.gl/Dojj6D
- LC: U.S. Citizenship 11: Voting Part 2 http://goo.gl/ud1rLT
- Picture Vocabulary Voting Quiz http://goo.gl/YjaIZF
- Voting pptx: http://goo.gl/GdYlmk
- Voting Video: http://youtu.be/_akuQZLhdHA
- Voting Video Quiz http://goo.gl/5qYJ8M
- A Quick Interview Based on the N-400r plus 10qs about Voting and Elections pdf