VOANews: African Immigrant Balancing Family, US Air Force
Immigrants have always been a vital part of the U.S. military. VOA’s Arzouma Kompaore has the story of an Air Force Captain from Cameroon who is using her career as a motivational speaker to help women find balance in their personal and professional lives.
Originally published at - https://www.voanews.com/a/4665973.html
Read her book: Memoirs of a Working Mother: Fighting for Balance, Managing Expectations and Channeling Love by Linda Arrey
USCIS 100:53. What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
▪ give up loyalty to other countries
▪ defend the Constitution and laws of the United States
▪ obey the laws of the United States
▪ serve in the U.S. military (if needed)
▪ serve (do important work for) the nation (if needed)
▪ be loyal to the United States
USCIS 100:55. What are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy?
▪ join a political party
▪ help with a campaign
▪ join a civic group
▪ join a community group
▪ give an elected official your opinion on an issue
▪ call Senators and Representatives
▪ publicly support or oppose an issue or policy
▪ run for office
▪ write to a newspaper