This collection of resources will help you design and implement instruction to help immigrants pass the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Naturalization Test, often called the "Citizenship Test."
These three free online courses will help you understand the different components of the citizenship test and how they are administered; and give you teaching strategies and activities to successfully prepare students to pass the test.
You can print these lessons and use them in your classroom to help students understand the steps to becoming a citizen and provide practice with the test formats and vocabulary.
You can use these print resources to guide you through the process of starting a citizenship class, or to guide students through the process of becoming a citizen.
- Citizenship: Starting a Citizenship Class
- Citizenship: Benefits of Becoming a U.S. Citizen
- Citizenship: Things to Consider Before You Apply
- Citizenship: Becoming a U.S. Citizen Checklist
You can listen to these two podcasts to learn some engaging teaching strategies to help students learn citizenship content.
- Citizenship: Engaging Multiple Modalities in the Citizenship Classroom
- Citizenship: Teaching Conversation Strategies in the Citizenship Classroom
These online interactive activities can familiarize students with the process for becoming a U.S. citizen and can help them practice for the reading and writing portions of the test.