The US Senate in the Capitol
Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein
Today's Topic: The 17th Amendment
17th Amendment says that the people--not the state legislature--can elect US Senators.
Questions from the current USCIS History and Government test:
- 96:22. What makes up Congress?
- 96:25. How many Senators are there in Congress?
- 96:26. For how long do we elect each Senator?
- 96:27. Name two Senators from your state.
- 96:47. Why are there 100 Senators in the United States Senate?
- 96:84. How many times may a Senator or Congressman be re-elected?
Questions from the new USCIS History and Government test:
- 100:16. Who makes federal laws?
- 100:17. What are the two parts of the U.S. Congress?*
- 100:18. How many U.S. Senators are there?
- 100:19. We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
- 100:20. Who is one of your state’s U.S. Senators?*
- 100:24. Who does a U.S. Senator represent?
- 100:55. What are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy?