Saturday, December 31, 2016
Saturday, June 25, 2016
WH.gov: Announcing the Stonewall National Monument
"I’m designating the Stonewall National Monument as the newest addition to America’s national parks system. Stonewall will be our first national monument to tell the story of the struggle for LGBT rights. I believe our national parks should reflect the full story of our country – the richness and diversity and uniquely American spirit that has always defined us. That we are stronger together. That out of many, we are one." - President Barack Obama
On June 24, 2016 President Obama designated the site of the Stonewall uprising and birthplace of the modern LGBT civil rights movement the “Stonewall National Monument.” This new monument is a testament to the diversity, inclusiveness, and individual freedom that make America great.
Friday, June 24, 2016
President Barack Obama and some Democrats in Congress have blamed Republicans for Thursday's tied vote in the Supreme Court on Obama's immigration plan. The Republican dominated Senate has refused to vote in a new justice, keeping the country's top court short one member. The eight justices were evenly divided on Obama's executive amnesty for undocumented immigrants. That deadlock leaves in place a lower court ruling that struck down Obama's plan on halting deportations. Zlatica Hoke reports.
Originally published at - http://www.voanews.com/media/video/3390317.html
VOANews: What Are DAPA and DACA?
A quick guide to the immigration plans blocked Thursday by the US Supreme Court
VOANews: Supreme Court Deadlock Thwarts Obama Immigration Plan
A deadlocked U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday thwarted President Barack Obama's plan to defer the deportation of millions of undocumented immigrants.
VOANews: Hopes for Obama Immigration Legacy Dashed as Presidency Wanes
He had vowed to overhaul country’s 'broken' immigration system, but he and Republican-led Congress still remain at bitter odds on the issue
VOANews: Immigrants, Advocates React Tearfully to High Court Split
Opponents of Obama's plan to extend deportation protection to millions of undocumented immigrants 'will see the answer in November,' a woman says outside court
WH.gov Blog: President Obama on the Supreme Court Ruling on Immigration Reform
WH.gov: Remarks by the President on the Supreme Court Decision on U.S. Versus Texas
WH.gov: President Obama Delivers a Statement on the Supreme Court's Ruling on Immigration (video)
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
USCIS: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (10 quick links)
USCIS: Tip Sheets and Idea Boards
- USCIS.gov: The Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security
- USCIS.gov/es: Sitio web oficial del Departamento de Seguridad Nacional
- N-400: Application for Naturalization
- Citizenship Resource Center: Educational Tools and Info for Citizenship Prep
- Study Materials for the English Test: the Speaking, Reading, and Writing tests
- Study Materials for the Civics Test: The 100 US Civics and History Questions
- USCIS Multilingual Resources: USCIS Resources in languages other than English.
- Preparing the Oath: A joint resource of the Smithsonian National American History Museum and the USCIS. A collection of mini-videos, activities, and quizzes for each of the 100 question. BEST! RESOURCE! EVER!
- Oath of Allegiance - Constitution Week 2013 (video): The Oath of Allegiance recited by #newUSCitizens at Oath Ceremonies across America. Very inspirational!
- Also check out USCIS and USCIS Español and MyUSCIS on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
USCIS: Tip Sheets and Idea Boards