SD Citizenship Interview 1: Eligibility and Clarification Questions (improved sound 5/19/2018)
Mechelle Perrott, ESL/Citizenship Coordinator for San Diego Continuing Education (www.sdce.edu) demonstrates how to ask clarification questions during a Citizenship interview. This video is a first in the series of Citizenship interviews recorded at the San Diego Regional CATESOL Conference, April 22, 2018.
The examiner doesn't think that Mechelle is ready for the interview because Mechelle doesn't understand one of the first interview questions.
Mechelle insists (politely) that she has studied for the English and Civics test and asks the examiner to rephrase the question which has the key word "eligible."
Note: If you do not understand an examiner's question, DO NOT SAY YES OR NO. Request that the examiner to use different words to ask the question.
If you need more help studying N-400, look at
- N-400r Basic Interview Quiz Part 01 to Part 11 http://goo.gl/z6qFnr
- N-400r Basic Interview Quiz Part 12 http://goo.gl/U0aGKQ
- N-400r Part 12 Overview Quiz (27 questions) http://goo.gl/3m3t7K
- A “Regular” Citizenship Interview Based on the USCIS N-400r pdf: http://goo.gl/Q5BhXk
- Thirty N-400 Section Practice Interviews Based on the USCIS Application for Naturalization (plus more scipts) http://www.uscitizenpod.com/p/n-400-practice_27.html
Post a Comment