Washington D.C. will mark Emancipation Day on Friday, April 16, commemorating an 1862 act signed by Abraham Lincoln which abolished slavery in the District, freeing over 3,000 people eight months before the Emancipation Proclamation. Learn more about Emancipation Day
USCIS 100:73. Name the U.S. war between the North and the South.
- the Civil War
- the War between the States
USCIS 100:73. 74. Name one problem that led to the Civil War.
- economic reasons
- states’ rights
USCIS 100:73. 75. What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did?*
- freed the slaves (Emancipation Proclamation)
- saved (or preserved) the Union
- led the United States during the Civil War
USCIS 100:73. 76. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?
- freed the slaves
- freed slaves in the Confederacy
- freed slaves in the Confederate states
- freed slaves in most Southern states