Sunday, August 7, 2022
Saturday, August 6, 2022
- Secretary Haaland helps launch the Federal Interagency Council on Outdoor Recreation;
- the Biden-Harris administration and Interior outline steps to protect Native American voting rights;
- the long-awaited rehabilitation of the historic George Washington Memorial Parkway is underway;
- investments from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law help rural communities reclaim abandoned coal mines, help Lake Tahoe fight invasive species and support the National Fish Passage Program at a Pennsylvania wildlife refuge;
- it's the return of endangered winter-run Chinook salmon eggs to the McCloud River upstream of California's Shasta Reservoir;
- the Korean War Veterans Memorial on the National Mall adds a Wall of Remembrance to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of freedom;
- and the Earth becomes art in our social media Pictures of the Week!
USCIS 100:09. What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence?USCIS 100:48. There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them.USCIS 100:70. Who was the first President?*USCIS 100:78. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1900s.*USCIS 100:87. Name one American Indian tribe in the United States.USCIS 100:94. What is the capital of the United States?*
Friday, August 5, 2022
Thursday, August 4, 2022
Wednesday, August 3, 2022
USCIS 100:16. Who makes federal laws?USCIS 100:31. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?USCIS 100:41. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the federal government. What is one power of the federal government?USCIS 100:47. What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?USCIS 100:83. During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States?USCIS 100:89. What ocean is on the West Coast of the United States?
Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Monday, August 1, 2022
USCIS 100:16. Who makes federal laws?
USCIS 100:17. What are the two parts of the U.S. Congress?*
USCIS 100:20. Who is one of your state’s U.S. Senators now?*
USCIS 100:33. Who signs bills to become laws?
USCIS 100:45. What are the two major political parties in the United States?*
USCIS 100:46. What is the political party of the President now?
Sunday, July 31, 2022
CBS New York: Special Independence Day naturalization ceremony held
Independence Day is taking on a whole new meaning for a group of people celebrating the July 4th holiday a little early by becoming citizens. As CBS2's Alice Gainer reports, Friday's special ceremony was a dream come true.