about Proposition 1A
On Tuesday, May 19th, the voters in California will vote on a series of propostions aimed at resolving the current budget crisis.
Voter Information Guide for the May 19th Special Election
Descriptions of the Propositions in English
- Proposition 1A: Stabilizes State Budget. Reforms California Budget Process. Limits State Spending. Increases “Rainy Day” Budget Stabilization Fund.
- Proposition 1B: Education Funding and Payment Plan.
- Proposition 1C: Lottery Modernization Act.
- Proposition 1D: Protects Children’s Services Funding. Helps Balance State Budget.
- Proposition 1E: Ensures Funding for Children’s Mental Health Services. Helps Balance State Budget.
- Proposition 1F: Elected Officials’ Salaries. Prevents Pay Increases During Budget Deficit Years.