uscitizenpod: A Practice Citizenship Interview for Mrs. Muthurajan
The Muthurajans visited Milpitas Adult School to record a practice interview for the mother.
- 5:45-6 pm show this video as a warm-up
- play the video on the computer (click the link above)
- Overview of the Revised N-400 Part 12
- (6:00-6:10) Hand out N-400r Basic Interview Quiz Part 12 (20 vocabulary words) http://goo.gl/U0aGKQ (the Overview Interview)is on the back); Give students time to complete the quiz
- (6:10-6:15) Show N-400r Part 12 Overview pptx via Google Slides (30 vocabulary words) https://goo.gl/yWvD4Q to correct the quiz. Prompt the students to ask the appropriate question for each slide. Correct pronunciation as needed
- (6:15-6:30) Overview Interview of the Revised N-400 Part 12 https://goo.gl/3vwQNY divide students into pairs and let them interview each other using Overview Interview which is on the back of the quiz they just took; monitor their progress; pass out 10-12 red civics flash so they can quiz each other after the interview--this approximates the citizenship interview)
- Equipment note: you may need to more the video cable back and forth between the computer and the document camera. Simply unplug the cable and move it to the correct port. I will mark the port. If there is a problem, please ask another teacher.
- Voices of Freedom by Bill Bliss Ch.11 National Holidays and US presidents (pg 185-197)
- 6:30-7:30 students take turns reading the textbook aloud (The President Profiles take a long time--go slowly and discuss thoroughly)
- display the textbook via the document camera!
- Let the students re-read the page silently after you finish the page.
- At the end of each page, give students time to read the page silently or in pairs. Let the students pair-practice the questions.
- 7:30-7:45 Break time!
- Preparing the Oath: The Presidency
- 7:45-8:00 watch the videos after completing the textbook reading
- play the videos via the computer
- note--enable Flash by clicking Yes
- Presidents’ Day Quiz 2011 Part B: Executive Branch and Federalist Period
- Presidents’ Day Quiz 2011 Part C: The 1800s
- Presidents’ Day Quiz 2011 Part D: Recent History
- 8:00-8:15 allow students enough time to complete the quiz
- 8:15-8:35 then orally review the answers
- display the test via the document camera!
- pair practice quiz if time allows
- Do practice interviews with any students who request one (use the Overview Interview) and red flash cards
Homework (watch these videos at home)
- VOA Leaning English: America's Presidents playlist