VOANews: New Exhibit Explores Power of Press in Revolutionary America
When America declared its independence from Britain in 1776, colonists learned about the ground-breaking news through newspapers. The first paper to publish the newly adopted Declaration of Independence is the centerpiece of a multi-media exhibit in Washington that explores the power of a press that set the path for revolution. VOA’s Julie Taboh has more.
- Voices of Freedom Activity Book: Part 12 Vocabulary F
- A "Casual" Citizenship Interview Based on the USCIS N-400r (40qs, 2pgs) (updated 06/12/2016)
- Voices of Freedom by Bill Bliss Ch.7 Revolutionary War & the Declaration of Independence
- Preparing the Oath: Establishing Independence
- VOA Learning English: America's Birthplace: Independence National Historical Park (mp3 and article)
This week, our U.S. National Parks journey takes us to the eastern city of Philadelphia, an important place in American history.
- The Establishing Independence lesson plan and handouts for low intermediate and intermediate learners covering civics test items 8, 9, 61, 62, 63, 64, 69, 70, and 99.
- Nithya Deepak: Quick Interview Based on the N-400r plus 10qs for Independence Day pdf