Applicants can file Form N-400, Application for Naturalization online through their USCIS online account. When they use the interactive Form N-400, applicants will see questions, alerts, and notifications specific to the answers they provide while completing the form. Applicants will also see prompts and reminders to upload required evidence. This means each person follows a personalized path for completing the form based on the information that they provide.
By using the online account, applicants will be able to:
- Update personal information online.
- Answer optional questions in the Naturalization Eligibility Tool to help determine their eligibility for naturalization.
- Create, edit, save, or delete a draft application.
- Upload evidence.
- Pay any fees and submit the application.
- View real-time case information and the history of their interactions with USCIS.
- Securely and directly communicate with USCIS about their case.
Currently, individuals can create a unique, online account and file their Form N-400 online, with only three exceptions. At this time, applicants must submit a paper Form N-400 if:
- They are applying for citizenship based on having served in the U.S armed forces or based on their current service.
- They want to apply from outside of the United States, or,
- They are requesting a fee waiver or reduced fee.
USCIS is also introducing an online naturalization eligibility tool that helps intending applicants determine if they may be eligible to apply for naturalization. This optional tool provides information about the most common eligibility requirements for naturalization.
We encourage you to file online for Naturalization.
N-400 Online Filing Tool: https://www.uscis.gov/n-400
USCIS Online Account: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/
Thanks to USCIS for helping us become new US citizens in the New Year!
Intro to the USCIS Online N-400 Application for Naturalization podcast
USCIS N-400 Online Screencast 1 of 4: Create Your Account
USCIS N-400 Online Screencast 2 of 4: Eligibility
USCIS N-400 Online Screencast 3 of 4: Personal Info (Parts 1-11)
USCIS N-400 Online Screencast 4 of 4: Moral Character (Part 12)