VOANews: Supreme Court Unblocks Parts of Trump's Travel Ban
The U.S. Supreme Court Monday gave a partial victory to President Donald Trump, allowing parts of his revised travel ban to take effect until it reviews the issue definitively in October. Trump's executive order bans granting new visas for travelers from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen for 90 days, and suspends the U.S. refugee program for 120 days. Federal courts in Hawaii and Maryland blocked the so-called Muslim ban after it was issued in March. Zlatica Hoke reports.
Originally published at - https://www.voanews.com/a/3917684.html
VOANews: US Sets New Visa Rules for 6 Mainly Muslim Nations, Refugees
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration on Wednesday set new criteria for visa applicants from six mainly Muslim nations and all refugees that require a “close” family or business tie to the United States. (Read more)
During Presidents' Week, US Citizenship Podcast posted a series of Citizenship multiple-choice quiz PDFs based on the N-400 Application for Naturalization plus 10 civics questions.
- Feb 20: Citizenship Interview Quiz for Hushang Ansary (Ahvaz, Iran)
- Feb 21: Citizenship Interview Quiz for Rend al-Rahim (Baghdad, Iraq)
- Feb 22: Citizenship Interview Quiz for Esam Omeish (Tripoli, Libya)
- Feb 23: Citizenship Interview Quiz for Nimco Ahmed (Mogadishu, Somalia)
- Feb 24: Citizenship Interview Quiz for Mohamed Awad Elhassan (Khartoum, Sudan)
- Feb 25: Citizenship Interview Quiz for Louay Safi (Damascus, Syria)
- Feb 26: Citizenship Interview Quiz for Safa Aldabyani (Sana'a, Yemen)