ELCivics.com Women's History Month Lessons
- Nancy Pelosi - First female Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Rosa Parks - Rosa Parks was an African American woman who refused to give up her seat on an Alabama bus to a white man. Her act of defiance led to the year-long Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- Sacajawea - Young Indian woman who served as a guide and interpreter for Lewis and Clark.
- Sojourner Truth - African American woman who gave numerous speeches about ending slavery and giving women the right to vote.
- Susan B. Anthony - Co-founder of the National Woman Suffrage Association. Was arrested and fined for voting in a presidential election.