KQED 88.5FM California report presents a debate between the leading Republican candidates for California governor, insurance commissioner Steve Poizner and former eBay executive Meg Whitman. KQED's Sacramento Bureau Chief John Myers moderates the debate, featuring questions to the candidates posed by a panel of reporters from other California news outlets. The debate is taking place at the Tech Museum of San Jose and the sponsors are: Comcast, Silicon Valley Leadership Group, Time Warner, Charter, Cox Cable, Cal Channel, CCTA and the Tech Museum.
- Download Mp3
**June 8, 2010 Gubernatorial Primary Election
Are You Already Registered to Vote in California?
To find out if you are currently registered to vote, contact your county elections office. If you are not registered to vote, you can ask your county elections office how to register.
Registering to Vote: You may register to vote in California if:
- You are a United States citizen
- You are a resident of California
- You are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election)
- You are not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction. For more information on the rights of people who have been incarcerated, please see the Secretary of State's Voting Guide for Inmates.
- You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent