100:36 What are two Cabinet-level positions?
Deputy Secretary Lute teaches a citizenship class in New York City
for immigrants preparing for the naturalization exam on June 22, 2009.
Click the picture to see a Slide Show featuring the Cabinet Secretaries
and Senior Administration Officials volunteering with United We Serve.
The Cabinet advises the President on any subject he may require relating to the duties of each member's respective office. The Cabinet includes the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments:
In order of succession to the Presidency:
- Vice President of the United States: Joseph R. Biden
- Department of State Secretary: Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Department of the Treasury: Secretary Timothy F. Geithner
- Department of Defense: Secretary Robert M. Gates
- Department of Justice: Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr.
- Department of the Interior: Secretary Kenneth L. Salazar
- Department of Agriculture: Secretary Thomas J. Vilsack
- Department of Commerce: Secretary Gary F. Locke
- Department of Labor: Secretary Hilda L. Solis
- Department of Health and Human Services: Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
- Department of Housing and Urban Development: Secretary Shaun L.S. Donovan
- Department of Transportation: Secretary Raymond L. LaHood
- Department of Energy: Secretary Steven Chu
- Department of Education: Secretary Arne Duncan
- Department of Veterans Affairs: Secretary Eric K. Shinseki
- Department of Homeland Security: Secretary Janet A. Napolitano
The following positions have the status of Cabinet-rank:
- Council of Economic Advisers: Chair Christina Romer
- Environmental Protection Agency: Administrator Lisa P. Jackson
- Office of Management & Budget: Director Peter R. Orszag
- United States Trade Representative: Ambassador Ronald Kirk
- United States Ambassador to the United Nations: Ambassador Susan Rice
- White House Chief of Staff: Rahm I. Emanuel