The TSA screens passengers, carry-on bags, and luggage to ensure safety for everyone.
TSA is part of the Department of Homeland Security (like USCIS, ICE, & CBP).
TSA officers have found some some strange things during security screenings.
To make the security screening go quicker, TSA has a new project: 3-1-1--Three Ounces, One Quart, One Bag
- 3 ounce bottle of liquide or less (by volume)
- 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag
- 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin.
Here is more info on 3-1-1
- 3-1-1 for Carry-ons brochure
- 3-1-1 wallet card
- 3-1-1 brochures in other languages
- SimpliFLY video
- SimpliFLY text
No one likes to go through security screenings, so TSA is constantly trying to improve the security screenings.
- Travellers can leave comments and suggestions at TSA Got Feedback!
- TSA responds publicly to travellers' comments and suggestions on their blog: Evolution of Security.