Here are ten sentences for reading and dictation. These sentences are based on answers to the USCIS 96:01-10 Questions. Instead of phrasal responses, the answers are given in complete sentences.
31. The President is elected for a 4-year term.
32. The Supreme Court is the highest part of the Judiciary Branch.
33. The duties of the Supreme Court are to interpret and explain the laws.
34. The Constitution is the supreme law of the United States.
35. The Bill of Rights is the first 10 amendments to the Constitution.
36. The capital of the state of California is Sacramento.
37. Arnold Schwarzenegger is the current Governor of California.
38. The Speaker of the House becomes President if both the President and Vice-President die.
39. John G. Roberts, Jr. is the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
40. The original 13 states were Virginia, Massachusetts, Maryland, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Georgia.